CynogenMod is a customized aftermarket firmware for smartphones based on open source Android OS. It provides additional features that smoothens the basic Android user interface and can fix bug issues.
- DSP Equalizer – Enhance sound processing capabilities. The DSPManager adjusts the new audio parameters such as bass boost, 5 band equalizer and virtual room effect for all system audio.
- Themes – Theme manage can help to build a single apk that can theme the entire system.
- Incognito – helps to browse in stealth mode
Browsing and download history does not record the files you open or download in Incognito mode and when you close an incognito window, cookies are deleted immediately.
Below is a detailed installation guide to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 device using this firmware.
Before you update-
- Your device must be rooted.
- ClockworkMode (CWM) recovery must be installed.
- Keep a backup of all the important data on your device like texts, contacts, documents etc.
- Enable USB debugging – Menu>Settings>Apps>Developer>USB debugging
- To run the installation processes, a data cable is required to connect your device to a PC.
- Make sure that your device has at least a 70% charge.
Remember– The CM 10.1 custom firmware mentioned here is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone. Do not apply this update on any other Android run smartphones or tablets.
How to Install CM 10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware on Galaxy S4 I9500– Tutorial
Step 1 – Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware.
Link – www.cyanogenmod.org
Step 2 – Download Google apps to re install them on the new OS of your device.
Step 3 – Connect your device to the PC by using a data cable to transfer files and make sure the USB Mass Storage option is selected.
Step 4 – Copy the downloaded files from the PC to the device’s memory card.
Step 5 – After copying disconnect your device from the PC.
Step 6 – Open the recovery menu on your device and boot the device into recovery mode. Start recovery mode of your device by pressing and holding the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together. Release buttons when you see a change in display.
Step 7 – In the recovery menu, navigate to options by using Volume up and Volume down keys.
Step 8 – Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ by pressing the Power button.
Step 9 – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and browse the CM 10.1 ROM ZIP files to confirm the installation process.
Step 10 – After installing the ROM, choose Google apps package and repeat the same process again.
Step 11 – From the recovery menu, select ‘Go back’ and then ‘Reboot System’.
Step 12 – Your device will reboot itself and it will take 4 to 5 minutes to restart.
Now you have successfully installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean stable OS on your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Check the update manually from your device by following this path – Menu> Settings> About Phone> Software firmware