There is yet another good news for Samsung Galaxy series lovers and this time it is to update Samsung Ace S5830 and Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 to CyanogenMod 9 with Ice cream Sandwich.CyanogenMod 9 ROM has been rigourously tested in alpha stages and now it is available to use in your own devices. Please note that there is no official update from the Samasung Electronics and it is a crooked ROM by Maclaw from the XDA developers which is fit to use in your devices. Before you wish to have this ROM on your phone, we advice you to take backup of your tablet’s Data.
Features and Things that Worked with CyanogenMod 9 ROM
HW acceleration (full)
All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
GMail perfectly works
Browser perfectly works
Games – works as smoothly as on GingerBread
1. We advice you to take backup of your tablet’s data to ensure that all your data is safe and secured as your data may get corrupted or lost. We recommend that you can take nandroid backup or you can also use the Astro file manager to take the backup.( Note: nandroid backup helps you to revert the changes and go back the current framework if needed.)
2. Please ensure that you have enough battery on your phone to ensure successful installation.
3. Disable and uninstall all anti-virus suites on your computer as they may hamper the installation process.
Simple Steps to Install CYANOGENMOD 9 on Galaxy Ace S5830
1. Download Cyanogen Mod 9 zip file to your computer.
2. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable.
3. Place the downloaded zip file to your device’s SD card.
4. Disconnect the phone from your computer.
5. Turnoff your phone and restart in Recovery Mode. You can switch to the recovery mode by holding the home button + power on button when turning on the phone.
6. In this recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” after that select “choose zip from SD card”.
7. Select the Cyanogen Mod 9 zip file.
8. Wait for the this to be installed.
9. After it is installed, you need to reboot your device and for this you need to select “++++ Go Back++++” and reboot your device.
You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 9 ICS update on your Samsung Galaxy Fit Fit GT S5670 and Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Disclaimer : It is very unlikely but TechTuple is not responsible for any damage happened to your phone while updating.We can only help and assist you if you face any difficulties.