After the Firmware leaked of HTC one series,we have seen many custom ROMs that are based on latest Android firmware and that can be ported to other HTC devices as well.OrDroid is a yet another successful ROM created by XDA developer shnizlon,it is based on the HTC One S RUU firmware.OrDroid brings Sense 4.0 along with the ICS but the issues with OrDroid is – Bluetooth and animation is not working,
( Note : This ROM and tutorials below are only for a HTC Sensation Phone and It’s not compatible with any other device.You can check your device name in Settings > About Phone. )
Rooted HTC Sensation having Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
1. Backup all your contacts,SMS,APN Settings,call logs,important
files and other useful things on your Devive,you may use these apps : SMS Backup & Restore [for sms backup] and Astro file manager to take backup.
2. Make sure your tablet has battery more than 60%.
3. Enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings >
Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
4. Turn off all the antivirus and firewall programs installed on your computer, to avoid any interruption by them.
Warning : If you are not familiar with Custom ROMS, Firmwares and Overclocking etc concepts,Please don’t try these things on your mobile phone or Tab before proper knowledge.It is very unlikely but TechTuple is not responsible for any damage happened to your phone while updating.We can only help and assist you if you face any difficulties.
Install OrDroid Custom ROM on HTC Sensation
1. Download the ROM from the official development page at XDA.
2. Transfer downloaded zip file to the root of your sdcard.
3. Now,Turn off your phone.
4. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery by pressing and holding Volume down button and Power button simultaneously.
5. Press Volume down button from the HBOOT menu to select recovery mode and press Power button to activate it.While in a recovery mode,use Volume buttons to move and Power button to select.
6.[ This step is Optional ] You can also perform Nandroid Backup of your present ROM to restore it from recovery if something goes wrong with OrDroid ROM.To do this,select Backup and Restore > Select Backup again.Go back to main recovery after completition of backup.
7. Now perform a Wipe by Selecting “wipe data/factory reset” and then select yes on next screen.Select “wipe cache” and afer that select yes on next screen.
8. Go to advanced and select wipe dalvik cache and confirm it.
9. Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >> “choose zip from sdcard“,select those files which you have transfered to sdcard in step 1.Confirm and wait for completition.
10. Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Now you have successfully installed OrDroid ROM on HTC Sensation.