In this Article we have given a tutorial on How to Install ICJ V2 ROM on Motorola Fire XT530(released in 2011, August) to all Unhappy Users, who never got attentions from the company regarding Android OS update on Fire XT but nevertheless developers have done some good work. Now you can easily Update your rooted Motorola Fire XT to JellyBean look alike firmware which has got a look of ICS Android 4.0 as well (as the name suggest). ICJ V2 ROM is developed by XDA Member Abhijeet(Follow XDA Thread) and This ROM doesn’t have JellyBean kernel, It is based on stock European ROM. Make sure you Implement this Tutorial on your Rooted Device only.
Features of ICJ V2 ROM
- ICS recent Apps feature added.
- New toggles in notification bar.
- JB notification style.
- Simple and Redefined Settings.
- Enhanced UI.
- Much smooth and flawless user experience with more user data, which will give you more space for storage or for Installation..
- Much better speed.
- Internet and Wi-Fi tweaks, which you will notice while Browsing on the Android Browser..
- No bloatware apps.
- Availability of Good themes.
- ICS/JB task switcher on the fly.
- You will feel increase in Speed because of some RAM tweaks done in it.
Pre-Requisites: What you need to do Before Updating Micromax Fire XT530 on ICJ ROM ?
- Micromax Fire XT530 data cable for Phone to PC Connectivity.
- Charge your phone at least upto 60%, So that you do not face any interruption while trying to Update your phone with ICJ V2 ROM.
- Install Fire XT Drivers and Make your PC Antivirus inactive for some hours to avoid Interruption of any kind.
- Important: Take a Backup of all your data in Motorola Fire XT Phone with the help of some popular Apps which you can download from Google Play Store easily,
1. Use SMS Backup & Restore App for taking a backup of SMS/MMS.
2. Use Call Backup & Restore App for taking backup of your Call Logs.
3. Take backup of your other usefull data like photos, songs etc on external SD Card.
4. It is good to take “NANDROID” backup of your current Custom ROM, So that you can restore it later if needed.
5. Disconnect and again Connect your phone to turn on USB Debugging Mode (If not ON already) by following this path: “Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging”.
Now, you are ready to move to the final step of flashing your Motorola Fire XT on JellyBean looks like ICJ V2 ROM.
How to Install ICS and Jelly Bean Looks Like ICJ (Ice Cream Jelly) V2 ROM on Motorola Fire XT530 Android Phone:
- Ensure that your phone is running on Stock Firmware, which you can check from here- Settings>About phone.
- Now, Download ICJ V2 ROM for Motorola Fire XT530 from here.
- Connect your phone with PC/Laptop using Data Cable.
- Extract the Downloaded package of ICJ ROM on your PC Desktop.
- Go to the ROM folder and Double Click on ‘Ice_Cream_Jelly Installer.bat’.
- Follow the Instruction written on your screen and wait for atleast 10mins to get the processes completed.
- Disconnect your phone once you see a DONE! message on phone screen.
- The very first boot will take 5mins and after the first boot you will see the new Interface because of ICJ ROM.
(Warning: We always try to give Cent percent correct news/tutorials from the very well known Android forums and websites but, we(Techtuple) do not take any responsibility, if any Unexpected thing (Bricking etc.) happened to your device while flashing. Flash your Device at your own Risk but, we are always here to help you out anytime..)
Well, Now you are done with all the steps, Hope It was a simple task for all of you. If bychance you faced any problem while applying above steps, Feel free to write your queries in Comments below!
Enjoy! ICS/Jelly Bean on your Fire XT530